This is Cam Benjamin and he's almost 8 months old. Talk about a breath of fresh air! We love him so much and can't believe how the time has flown, and how big he's gotten. He's one big kid weighing in at around 20 lbs. He's sitting up on his own, scooting all over the place, and bringing smiles to our faces everyday.
Now onto the Bad!
Have you mom's out there ever said these words - "Don't jump on the couch!", "Stop messing around or somebody's going to get hurt!", "Keep your feet on the floor!" Well, these words are in my daily vocabulary. It's never been a question of "if" we ever end up at the doctors for stitches, but "When". This is the rule breaker that ended up getting hurt while jumping on the furniture. Cache Clayton, our 2 1/2 year old that does everything Arlo does but lacks the coordination of his older brother. He was a comedian at the doctors office up until the nurse and myself pinned him to the table while the doctor inserted just one stitch. Yes, it was just one but it might as well of been 10. He screamed and screamed and didn't stop until the doctor asked him what color of sucker he wanted. At the word of sucker all the drama stopped and he excitedly said the only color he knows "Blew". Unfortunately they didn't have a blue one so he settled for a yellow and red one. My dear brave Cache, maybe you'll stop jumping on the couch. I can hope, can't I?
Onto the Ugly
I think Arlo is one of he cutest kids I know but there is nothing cute about this picture. It makes me want to cry to just look at this picture. This happened over the Christmas break and lasted about a week. It was the saddest week of Arlo's life, and one of the saddest of mine. I've never seen him so sick. We went to the eye doctor 2 different times and came home with two different antibiotics. It eventually cleared up but came back this past week. We caught it early and got him on some more antibiotics. The sad thing is is that this will probably happen again when he gets sick because his tear duct doesn't drain like normal and it causes infection. He'll eventually have to have surgery and have a small tube inserted in his eye that will drain the infection. No matter how ugly your eye gets Arlo, you'll still be handsome to me.
4 comments:
Oh, Ali that was a funny post! Those cute boys! Mine are always up to something too!
Your so cute. What a fun thing to blog.
Ali your such a trouper! I recall taking AJ to the doctor for stitches a few times. I think the boys may be alittle like their father.
Big hugs to them, I hope everyone feels better soon!
GOOD LUCK! May the force be with you!
xoxoxox
I love the good, the bad, and the ugly. My girls are not much different, I think when your a Mom its always somethin'! Hope you all are doing well.
Post a Comment