March 14, 2009

Our week in a nut shell! (a BIG nut shell)

So much has happened in the past week and I hope I can remember it all because it's definatly worth remembering. A week ago last Friday I was leaving for work and right after work for a volleyball tournament that lasted all weekend. AJ was home with the kids and also decided to stay home from work on Saturday and Sunday because Cache and Cam were both sick and we didn't want to leave them with a babysitter. Cam had a really raspy cough and AJ decided to take him to the doctor while I was at work. While on the phone with the doctors office, Arlo threw the toy basket and it hit Cam in the head and left a big bleeding gash on his forehead. Poor little guy. In one day he was diagnosed with an ear infection, RSV, and had to get his head glued shut. He's been such a little trooper. To make everthing worse my brother was at the house taking apart our kitchen, we got a new sink and new counter tops but we didn't get our kitchen back until Wednesday. While AJ was home with sick kids I was a volleyball tournament in Salt Lake.


We took 13th place out of 48 teams, so we did all right. These tournaments are hard and take a lot out of me. We play in a warehouse that has 11 courts going at once. Sunday was pretty quiet and uneventful. I played a piano solo in church, which went really well. I had a couple people tell me that during my song they had to look up to make sure they weren't in heaven. That made me feel good. I'm glad I can touch people with my music. After church we went to my mom and dad's house for dinner, (remember we don't have a working kitchen) and the kids played outside on the swing set barefooted in the warm weather. The next day we got 13 inches of snow! Crazy Utah weather for ya! Sunny warm one day the next buried in snow.
Tuesday we all went to North Salt Lake to pick up Arlo Sr., aka Papa Arlo. He flew in from Oregon for the week to visit and it truly was a fun, eventful week with papa Arlo. We started off by going to Classic Fun Center in layton to let the boys play. We had the place to ourselves and it was so much fun jumping on the huge bouncers and playing in the pirates cove. Take a look at these funny videos of Arlo and Cache. They had these big pillows that the boys would sit on one end while AJ jumped on the other to hurl them in the air. Arlo was fun to watch. He was so graceful while flipping through the air while Cache looked like a rag doll. They both loved it and wanted to do it over and over again.




Since we were blessed with an abundance of snow we decided to go sledding on Wednesday.
Even Aerl got in on the fun. We hooked his leash up to the sled and he pulled Arlo all over the place. He's such a good Dog. We love him sooooo much!



Thursday was the best day of all. We took Cam to Nana Greats, drove to Ogden and took a train ride to Salt Lake. Arlo and Cache loved the train and it was nice to just sit back and visit. From the train station we walked to the Discovery Gateway Childrens museum. The weather was perfect. After we had our fun there we walked to temple square and took in the peaceful sights. We then headed to Crown Burger for dinner (I didn't do too well on my diet while papa Arlo was here). After dinner we were heading back to catch the train home when we walked past Energy Solutions Arena and noticed that Disney on Ice was there. I wanted to take the kids to this so badly when I found out it was coming to Salt Lake but AJ didn't want to. Well, I got my way and Papa Arlo bought us tickets. We all enjoyed it, even AJ! The kids were so focused and cute during the whole show. Afterwards we headed home on the train. It was a FUN Day.

Friday the kids said goodbye to Papa Arlo and AJ and I took him back to Salt Lake. We ended the week with an adult dinner at the Rodizio Grill. Thanks Papa Arlo for a great week! We love you!

3 comments:

Ashlee said...

What an eventful week. I hope the kids are all feeling better. We love to ride to SLC too. FUN!!!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that Grandpa Arlo finally got to come and visit! Sam and I loved the videos of the flying boys, but she said I'm not allowed to do that with Finley for a few years!

I Am Frugal said...

What a fun week!! I am super jealous you got to go to Disney on Ice. Everytime I mentioned to John that I wanted to go see that he just made fun of me!! Someday I'll go and he's not invited. :)

Erin