October 23, 2009

I want to talk about Me!

Hi everyone. I'm once again on a journey to loving me. With 3 little boys and a busy life I've put myself on the back burner and have let myself be last on my priority list. I know a lot of you can relate to this, and I'm going to do something about it. I need to be more confident in myself, love myself, so I can allow others to love me. For those of you that know my dear husband, AJ, you know what a poetic and genuine person he can be. He might be embarrassed by me saying this, but yes, he whispers sweet thing to me all the time. His words are so beautiful and poetic that it would bring any women to say "OHHHH" and shed a tear or two. I know that he loves me, but I have a hard time with the "why". He tells me I'm beautiful, but again, I don't believe him. This is so not fair for him that I'm like this. It comes down to me not loving me. Me not being confident in myself that I am worthy of such a great, handsome man. Sometimes it breaks my heart that I can't tell AJ in words how much I love him and how much he means to me. I am so terrible with words and at times I say nothing at all.

Most of you know that I'm an instructor for Grocery Smarts. On average, 2 nights a week I teach classes to several women on how to lower their grocery bill. I love my job, and helping others when they are in a tough financial situation. I love sharing my secrets and am very passionate about what I do. However, I'm teaching, giving presentations, standing in front of 20-30 women at a time, all of them looking at me, listening to what I have to say. I'm confident in what I'm teaching but not in my image. Sometimes before a class I look in the mirror and wish I was prettier, thinner, had a better complexion, whiter teeth, and yes, even sometimes long hair, a stylish do! I know that I'm a good person, that people like me, and get along with me well. But I want to love myself, have more confidence in myself, and hopefully allow more people including my family into my personal self and know that I'm worthy to be in theirs.

So, with that said, I'm on a journey to taking care of me! I'm going to strive to eat healthier, exercise more, and take care of myself. And do things that make me happy.

Being a bargain shopper makes me happy. I feel like I'm contributing to our families finances by using coupons. The time I spend and put into couponing is like paying myself $50-100 an hour. I will continue to do this and also teach others. There is such a satisfaction in teaching and changing lives. It has made me a better person.

As far as my image, I'm looking into something new. I have been stuggling with my complexion and acne for awhile now and it's made me very self conscious. Trying to cover it up with make-up just makes it worse. I feel better about myself when I actually take care of myself and my skin so I'm making a commitment to doing that. Taking the extra time each day to pamper myself to make me feel better about myself. A friend introduced me to a new medical treatment call Skincerity. The timing was perfect. I knew I wanted to start taking more care of myself and when I made the commitment, this product fell into my lap. Last night I went and learned more about it and I'm super excited to use it. Last night was my first attempt and already this morning I feel a difference. It's a patented breathable masque that you roll on before you go to bed and works through the night. It was first designed to help skin cancer patients heal their skin. It's for anti-aging, acne, exzema, scars, rashes, blisters, and for sun damage. You need to check it out. Here's the website - Skincerity. Click on products, then Skincerty, and read the overview, watch the video, and especially look at the photos. If any of you want to try it, I'll be getting some soon and would love to give you a week trial. I don't get sold on things very easily, but I did this. The product is what inticed me but I'll also have the great opportunity to make it into a business. Like my coupon obsession and me needed to share my secrets with everyone, leading me to becoming and instructor that I love, this product has led me to want to share it with everyone. So if you want to learn more, let me know.

I've decided to do my own before and after shots. This is really going out of my comfort zone. I'm usually the one behind the camera and would never let anyone take a close up of my face. But I did it and am putting up my mug for all to see. And hopefully the after shot will be amazing. Stay tuned!

I took this picture last night
before my first treatment.


Day 1 (I took this this morning)


It's going to be hard to tell. I've got a terrible camera that we dropped in the lake and hasn't work well since. So sorry for the quality. Or maybe I really do look that bad!

Thank you for listening (more like reading), and wish me luck towards a better me!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Ali,
You are beautiful! I think every mother out there has experienced the same things as you. I'm excited to see your journey!

Brooke said...

Hey Alison! Just thought you might want to know I saw you at Peach Days (from a distance so I didn't say hello) but I was with my mom and told her how you are so cute and I wish I looked that cute after having kids! You're a mommy and it takes everything out of you sometimes. We've all been there. Do you know how bad I want a tummy tuck!?!?!?!

Heather said...

Oh Ali! I've always wanted to have your confidence! I've always thought you were so beautiful! I know what you mean about skin care. I am struggling with that too, so I'm interested to see if this works for you. You are everything AJ could ever want! That boy loves every inch of you! Hopefully we can chat soon! Love ya!

Nanny Ly Ly said...

Ali sharing your heartfelt feelings shows what a beautiful person you are. The inside always shines through. I think you are soooo beautiful.
xoxoxox

Laurie said...

Ditto. You are beautiful and I know exactly how you feel. Good for you. You deserve to put your self first. Good Luck! We love you!

St. John, Jacque, Camilla said...

We all go through this you said it well, we make sacrifices for our kids our husbands and our lack of finances and before we know it we look in the miror and say "what happened to me and hey what about me? I wish you well on your extreme transformation but I think you alread know that you are a catch because you are a beautiful and talented person with so much to offer and a few zits aren't going to get in the way of that!