February 05, 2009
Week 2
I'm into week 2 of my diet and I must say that I'm pretty proud of myself. Although I'm not officially doing weight watchers, I am using their concept. A friend of mine at work, who lost over 100 lbs on WW, gave me her books. I've figured my daily points and have stayed below everyday, except for Super Bowl Sunday. I used this day to actually see how many points I normally consumed on any day and was shocked. My daily allowed points is 31. On Super Bowl Sundy I consumed close to 70 points! No wonder! It hasn't been easy for me to cut back on food especially when I work in the High School Cafeteria and am surrounded by yummy food. It's been hard but I'm proud to say that i've stayed away from the cinnomon rolls, the huge bread sticks, peanut butter bars, fries, and all the other not so good for you but very good foods. AJ and I bought an elliptical machine and I've been working out on it everyday, mostly twice a day. Exercise just seems to be part of my day now, like feeding the kids dinner, I have to do it. I just can't sit and watch TV anymore, I have to exercise while I watch. I hope I can keep it up because I really want to be healthier. I can't say if I've lost any weight at this point because I dont have a scale. I'm just going to wait for the next weigh in in 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for everyones comments and support.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Well, Alison I think you are doing awesome. I've also been a little more diligent about eating healthier and exercising! I made it to the gym 4 days last week and so far 4 days this week. (I'm going for 5 or 6 this week if I can) Also I've been eating pretty good too with the exception of Super Bowl Sunday. I'm with you though I really want to be healthy and I think it is something you have to stick with. I'll be working on it the rest of my life!
Hey I didn't know Erin was you sister, I love her! Her blog is awesome. I have several money saving blogs that I check regualarly and I have to say hers is my favorite!
Hey Al--
I'm glad I found your blog...now we can keep up better! Your boys are darling!! That's so cool about the Weight Watchers/Biggest Loser thing. We have done it before, and have some cool recipes and fun little snacks (most that we still use). If you run out or need ideas, let me know....I'd be glad to help and share our favorites!!!
Jess
kevandjess.blogspot.com
I just want to say...awesome job!!! Sounds like things are going well. I'm trying to talk Drew into getting an eliptical machine too. It's so much better on my back than treadmill.
We are excited to go back to Stayton Ward... It is a special place! I am excoted too for the kids to have new friends :-). Do you ever get back there to visit? You are an inspiration to me too...keep up the good work! I keep telling myself that once we get moved I will be serious about the diet/exercise thing. My back is pretty bad, so it is limiting. Your kids look so sweet and fun :-)
Good job Ali!
Ouch that stupid iceburg didn't help any did it. Sorry, I thought we were doing good by getting the kids meals. Let's definitly pack a lunch next tourney.:)
GO ALI!!!!
Kepp up the good work:)
Post a Comment